By Arthur Plottier
More extreme-right senators in Canberra. Notably one Pauline Hanson.
I am absolutely flabbergasted how people can vote for an individual that promotes social instability, racism and hate.
So far on the AEC count she has over 112,000 votes in the Senate.
The possibility of One Nation having one, two or three seats in the Senate is terrifying.
I am quoting some statements from the One Nation website that will tell you why:
On climate change
According to her party’s agenda, that includes a royal commission into the “corruption” of climate science, adding climate change is “used as a political agenda by politicians and self interest groups or individuals for their own gain”.
“We cannot allow scare mongering by people such as [respected scientist] Tim Flannery, who make outlandish statements and are not held accountable,” it says.
“Climate change should not be about making money for a lot of people and giving scientists money.”
“a religion or political ideology”.
The policy claims Islam’s religious aspect is a “fraud”, and rather, it is “a totalitarian political system, including legal, economic, social and military components, masquerading as a religion”.
The party would also cease the intake of Muslim refugees and other migrants, ban the burqa and niqab in public places, and mandate that surveillance cameras be installed in all mosques and Muslim schools.
We will enact the following:
- Call for an inquiry or Royal Commission to determine if Islam is a religion or political ideology
- Stop further Muslim Immigration and the intake of Muslim refugees
- Ban the Burqa and Niquab in public places
- Driver’s licence cannot be obtained without showing the full face and having photo ID on driver’s licence
- Surveillance cameras to be installed in all Mosques and schools. Mosques to be open to the public during all opening hours
- No more mosques to be built until the inquiry is held
- Oppose the introduction of Sharia Law
- Investigate welfare payments paid to Muslims who may be in multiple marriages, having multiple children
- Ban Halal certification. Halal certified food not to be provided in prisons or the armed services. Companies may comply for export but no monies must be paid
- Call for a referendum to change Section 116 of the Australian Constitution
- Muslims will not be allowed to be sworn in to Parliament under the Qur’an
- Female genital mutilation to carry lengthy jail term
We may never know what hit us. It will be ugly.