For all its bumps and twists, despite always facing new challenges, the world and its travellers are a wondrous thing.
A Merry Christmas and thank you to all for your stimulating company – you make an old woman realise she has a lot to learn.
At this time of year, politics seems so measly … so trivial.
I came across this list of quotes and would like to share it with you. Perhaps someday we will finally agree about what’s really important.
1. “Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
2. “Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.” – Mark Twain
3. “You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
4. “Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.” – George Sand
5. “A warm smile is the universal language of kindness.” – William Arthur Ward
6. “Constant kindness can accomplish much. As the sun makes ice melt, kindness causes misunderstanding, mistrust, and hostility to evaporate.” – Albert Schweitzer
7. “Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you.” – Princess Diana
8. “Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference. They bless the one who receives them, and they bless you, the giver.” – Barbara de Angelis
9. “Remember there’s no such thing as a small act of kindness. Every act creates a ripple with no logical end.” – Scott Adams
10. “One who is kind is sympathetic and gentle with others. He is considerate of others’ feelings and courteous in his behavior. He has a helpful nature. Kindness pardons others’ weaknesses and faults. Kindness is extended to all — to the aged and the young, to animals, to those low of station as well as the high.” – Ezra Taft Benson
11. “There is overwhelming evidence that the higher the level of self-esteem, the more likely one will be to treat others with respect, kindness, and generosity.” – Nathaniel Branden
12. “The level of our success is limited only by our imagination and no act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.” – Aesop
13. “Wherever there is a human being, there is an opportunity for a kindness.” – Lucius Annaeus Seneca
14. “Because that’s what kindness is. It’s not doing something for someone else because they can’t, but because you can.” – Andrew Iskander
15. “You can accomplish by kindness what you cannot by force.” – Publilius Syrus
16. “Always be a little kinder than necessary.” – James M. Barrie
17. “Transparency, honesty, kindness, good stewardship, even humor, work in businesses at all times.” – John Gerzema
18. “Kind people are the best kind of people.” – author unknown
19. “Kindness is more important than wisdom, and the recognition of this is the beginning of wisdom.” – Theodore Isaac Rubin
20. “Three things in human life are important. The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind.” – Henry James
21. “A single act of kindness throws out roots in all directions, and the roots spring up and make new trees.” – Amelia Earhart
22. “How beautiful a day can be when kindness touches it!” – George Elliston
23. “One who knows how to show and to accept kindness will be a friend better than any possession.” – Sophocles
24. “He that has done you a kindness will be more ready to do you another, than he whom you yourself have obliged.” – Benjamin Franklin
Best wishes to you all.