Reproducing emails from the Labor Party is becoming quite a habit of mine. At times I’ve been critical of their messages – such as when they think that signing a petition is going to change the government’s mind on whatever – and at other times I’ve been quite happy to help spread their message.
Their latest email – from George Wright (ALP Campaign Director) – is one worth spreading.
Most of what is raised in the succinct little email is not news, however there might be one or two points in there that conveniently escaped the notice of our media, and subsequently your attention too.
Anyway, here’s the email:
This week, in the paper, Tony Abbott was quoted as saying he and his Government have had “the best fortnight in the life of this Parliament.”
Let’s quickly examine the Abbott Government’s “achievements” over the last two weeks:
- Tony Abbott undermined the independence of the ABC and banned his ministers from going on Q&A.
- He prevented the Clean Energy Finance Corporation from investing in wind farms.
- He also asked the Clean Energy Finance Corporation to stop investing in rooftop solar.
- He caused division in his Cabinet by approving a coal mine in the Liverpool Plains.
- The OECD rated Australia as the 6th worst in the developed world for women in the ministry.
- His Government and Party started tearing itself apart about marriage equality.
- His $8.43 GP tax came into effect.
Sadly, this is the kind of fortnight Tony Abbott likes to have . . .